Sunday, January 30, 2011

Breakfast at Our House

I need to also use this blog as a place to write down things that my girls say or do. I’m sad that I didn’t start this blog when Sugar was younger. I have notebooks of things that she’s funny stuff, but they are here and there throughout the household. So, if you don’t want to read about the things that randomly pop out of my girls’ mouths, skip this entry.

Given our strange work schedules, it’s not often that the four of us sit down for a meal together. Any time we have the opportunity, we take it. This morning I made Belgian waffles for us. The meal started off normally enough but somehow the conversation turned and no one really remembers how. It went something like this:

Spice: I’m glad I’m not a boy. Their privates are disgusting.

Me: How many boys’ privates have you seen?

Spice: Just one, Austins.

Sugar: Is he the one that peed on you?

Spice: Oh no, that was Nicholas and I didn’t see his privates. Austin pulled his pants down in the hallway though and showed everyone.

I was aware of this incident when it happened and had forgotten about it. Apparently, the image is still burned in Spice’s little head. He must have made quite the impression.

Later, I was folding laundry and Spice decided to help. She picked up a pair of EN’s boxers and started to fold and noticed the button on them. She said, “Oh look, Daddy’s panties have a little nose!” My eyes must have bugged out of my head because she looked at me and said, “Wow Mama, your eyes got big like mine.”

Part of me wonders where she comes up with this stuff. Another part of me is really to scared to want to know.

xoxo
Ice Princess

No comments:

Post a Comment