Sunday, February 6, 2011

Stupid Bowl

I’m not a huge sports fan and almost never watch sports on TV. I will whine through a hockey game with EN, reminding him all the while that his team sucks. If given the opportunity to attend a live game though, I will go. There’s nothing like being in a huge stadium watching the action. I’ve been to professional hockey, football and baseball games. I had a blast at all of them except the baseball game. I’d rather watch grass grow. Is there anything more boring in the world? Yeah, maybe watching golf on TV.

Tonight is the Super Bowl and I will admit that I’m the gal who tunes in to see the commercials. I heard from EN that Anheuser-Busch had nothing good, so I didn’t have a whole lot of interest in this game. EN chose to work tonight and they all brought in appetizers to share. The game was probably on in the break room. Yet another party I cook for that I’m not allowed to attend.

The girls and I had dinner and tuned in to catch the National Anthem. Without a doubt, Christina Aguilera delivered the worst rendition of the Anthem ever. She was a complete disgrace. If you’re gonna sing it, know it. If you don’t know it, get your skeezy ass off the field. But what disturbed me more than her assish version of the Anthem, was the blatant disregard for the song shown by one of the Green Bay Packers. The cameras caught him acting like a jerk and that just pissed me off. Where else on this earth will you earn millions of dollars playing a few ball games a year? Perhaps he was reacting to Christina’s terrible version, I’m not sure. In that case, he should have ran his fat ass over to the mic and helped the girl out. He infuriated me. Then again, I’m the girl that has never been able to hear the National Anthem without choking up. When you hear the song, stop for a moment and thank God that you live in this country and are able to take advantage of the opportunities given to you.

After that the girls and I hunkered down to watch the Puppy Bowl on the Animal Planet. Quite possibly, the cutest thing we had ever seen. Spice about peed herself over the chicken cheerleaders. Sugar loved the little pups taking drinks from the water bowl. The three of us are in agreement that two dogs aren’t enough for one household.

The girls had a bath and we tuned in to the halftime show. Sugar and Spice did their very own white-girl-dance version to “Boom Boom Pow.” In comparison to Christina’s performance, the halftime show (including the white girls dancing in my house) was pretty decent. At least the girls got a huge kick out of it.

Now I sit and blog with the game going in the background. I remember the Steelers from my childhood, everyone loved Terry Bradshaw. I would like to see them win for that reason and a few others… I dislike Green Bay for several reasons:

  1. Green is my least favorite color. They wear it and it’s in their name. Yuck.
  2. They are “cheeseheads.” I hate cheese.
  3. The dude displaying awful behavior during the Anthem is a Packer. I hope he got stomped on.
Again, I’m a girl and these reasons make perfect sense to me. If you’d like to argue my point, start talking and I’ll ignore you until you stop. A surefire way to win any argument… at least in my own head.

Argue my logic, I dare you! Last year I rooted for the Saints because I thought any man that had to play a game in gold pants deserved a nice ring to round out the outfit. Need I say more? 

xoxo
Ice Princess

I finished this post as the Steelers lost... BOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment