Thursday, January 5, 2012

Back to the Grind

I suck and I know it. I’ve been noticeably absent for over two weeks now, and really haven’t even done much to use my powers for good. During that time I even considered quitting the blog, but then I go back and reread things that happened over the last year and I’m amazed by the little snippets of my life that I would have forgotten about, had I not started the blog. Also, there hasn’t really been anything BIG that’s happened that would be worthy of a lengthy blog post, but there have been little bits of happy and crazy all over the place.

Christmas in the new house was fabulous. Despite the fact that we have an undone kitchen, we had our annual Christmas Eve get together with our families. Sissy, of course was unable to make it for some reason or another, yet felt the need to bitch and moan via Facebook about the party she missed. Too bad, so sad. My sister was also absent for a variety of reasons (none really legit). Tiny Mike and the kids were here though. Rich Auntie was in attendance, which put my mother in a Mood From Hell. Even with all the wacky dynamics going on, it seemed as though a good time was had by all.

The excitement of Christmas morning was over too soon and EN and I were both ready for naps by 9 am. Lola was in a bad mood and took several naps that morning. She was back to her normal self by the afternoon. Never before in my life have I seen a dog cranky from lack of sleep. Even her fur was out of sorts that morning. The girls were happy with their loot and actually had enough trinkets, toys, activities and crafts to keep them busy for most of the school vacation week. Sugar spent oodles of time on her Kindle Fire and even read a few books without being forced. Spice was up to her eyeballs in Build-A-Bear accessories, Barbies and Littlest Pet Shops.

Despite being busy playing with inside toys, the girls spent hours outside every day. Sugar is trying to master her Rip Stick and Spice has put a thousand miles on her roller blades. I even found the energy to strap on my own pair of roller blades and go for a quickie. Of course this would only be the second time in my life that I’ve gone and  the teensy weensy little slope from the cul de sac to my driveway scared the shit out of me so the girls had to go home and get EN to hold my hand and help me home. A proud, proud moment for me. Given all the time spent outside last week, I’m happy to report that we didn’t have to take a trip to the emergency room like I thought we might. Rip Sticks and roller blades and scooters are a little much for this old girl.

Between all the activities, getting together with family and friends, we even managed to get a few more things organized and done around the house. The light fixtures that we brought from the old house are all in place here. All of my crafty junk has been unpacked and put away and there is another large pile ready for the dump. I look at some shit and wonder what the hell possessed me to move it from one house to another? I must have been drunk the whole time I packed!

This week I am back at work and the girls are back at school. It’s great to be back in a regular routine, but I do miss the time I spent with the little chicks and EN. The time off was a perfect balance between everyone spending time doing their own thing and spending time together as a family. Now if I could only shake this nasty illness that’s got me down, all would be right in my world.

I hope your holiday season was as joyous as mine. 

xoxo
Ice Princess

No comments:

Post a Comment