Thursday, October 13, 2011

On Being Spontaneous

The only thing I hate worse than waking up before the ass crack of dawn, is waking up when it’s darker than usual because it’s pouring rain. I immediately put on my crankypants and held on for the shitty ride. Preparing for the day was filled with shenanigans, as usual and the commute in just sucked. Can anyone tell me why people think it’s funny to speed up and block a car out when the car is signaling to get in front of them? The driver wouldn’t have even had to wait if he continued at the pace he was going, but no, I might add a nanosecond onto his morning commute. For the first time in a very long time, I felt a little road ragey and flipped him a single digit salute.

By the time I got to work, I was downright surly. Driving in a down pour sucks. Dealing with Mario Andretti in a Subaru is annoying, and to add insult to injury our coffee pot spewed grounds into not one but TWO cups of coffee today. I just want to go home and go back to bed. There is so much hanging over our heads today: will the people coming for the second showing today like the hosue enough to put an offer in on it? Will we actually close on the new place tomorrow? It’s 1:30 now and I haven’t heard a word, I’m thinking probably not.

Then a message comes across from Skinny Bitch this morning about how excited she is to see Sugarland tonight. She’s typically not a country music fan and told me several weeks ago that she was going with Crazy Bitch. I told her what videos to look at on Youtube and mentioned to her that I had blogged about them way back a year ago. And then I thought, “Wouldn’t Sugar and Spice love to see Sugarland?” I looked into buying tickets and reminded myself that we could potentially have two mortgages and I passed them by.

This morning I looked again. I emailed several and said, “What would you do?” I called EN and asked him the same. He immediately said the girls would love it and I absolutely should take them. I’m the mom that never lets them stay up late on a school night. I’m the mom that is never spontaneous. I’m the mom that counts money in her sleep because I’m so worried about what we are doing with multiple mortgages.

In the end I said FUCK IT. I bought the tickets in a section near where Skinny Bitch will be. Being spontaneous is both exhilarating and exasperating. Without a doubt, the girls and I will have an absolute blast tonight. For maybe a whole day the will allow me to wear a “Mother of the Year” pin. However, due to the last minute planning… I don’t think I have anything that will match my bright red cowboy boots. 

xoxo
Ice Princess

1 comment:

  1. I love this! You never regret spending money on experiences :-) And the girls will always remember when their mama took them to Sugarland!

    ReplyDelete