Tuesday, June 14, 2011

On a Jet Plane

Check that out! I'm totally breaking my "two posts in one day" rule! I am leaving at a ridiculously early hour tomorrow to fly out to be with Shannon for a bit. She's beyond happy that I'm coming. We'll see how long that happy mood lasts. I'm told by a little bird that she hasn't been doing her exercises so I need to get her to step it up. You know that's a task this old girl can take on.

And check out the list of followers. Yeah, that's right... Follower #7!!! She thought I would nickname her "Lack of Boobs," but given the time and attention she's given to make her girls appear larger than they are, I can't bring myself to do that. For now, I'll call her Fly Girl, not sure if it'll stick. I met Fly Girl on Sugar's first day of preschool, nearly six years ago. During that time, I've watched her mature from a swinging single girl to a married  mama. She always treated both my girls very well. As a matter of fact, when Spice was really little and in trouble at daycare, they'd say, "Do you want to go and sit with Fly Girl?" Basically the equivalent of going to the principal's office. Spice would say, "Sure" and go hang out with her pal. It never occurred to her that she was in trouble!

Fly Girl now works for an airline and generously gave me one of her Buddy Passes to visit with my girl. Truly, there isn't a way that I can think of to thank her for her kindness. She's even kept in touch on the lightest flights, so my Stand By status doesn't leave me stranded at some crappy airport. I will say that I'm not sure I appreciate her gloating about me having to drag my fat ass out of bed at 3:30 am, but given her generosity, I'll let it slide.

I don't know how much I'll be blogging, if at all... Perhaps a short update, maybe a few notes posted that I can elaborate on later, we'll see. I wish you all a fantabulous week and hope that life treats you kindly. If not, I'll be back on Tuesday to help you kick some ass.

xoxo
Ice Princess

No comments:

Post a Comment