Friday, March 15, 2013

Chubby Chicks: Weeks 7, 8 and 9


I've not been good about updating for my weekly Weight Watchers meetings. I’m sure after my gain in week six you are all thinking I've been off gorging on potato chips and coconut cream pie. That has not been the case.

Week Seven, I took a few days off from work and couldn't bring myself to drag my lazy ass to a weigh in or meeting.

Week Eight, I was down 1.6 for a total loss of 9.6. Yes, people, this freakin’ close to ten pounds.

Week Nine is this week and we weighed in today. I am down another 1.2 for a total loss of 10.8. That’s right, I’m off to buy my SECOND Alex and Ani bracelet. I was going to spend time looking through their website to decide what I want, but I have so much more weight to lose that I’m SURE I’ll accumulate plenty of bangles.

So, nine weeks with a net loss of 10.8. It’s been hard as hell some days, but I’m feeling like it’s slow and steady, and something I’m more likely to stick with. I already notice a change if I cheat too much and have something delightfully battered and fried and served with a fattening dipping sauce. My belly votes no. So instead of overindulging, I feed the craving with something breaded and baked. I am fairly certain that I won’t end up being some nutty, crunchy, healthy eater all the time. I like food too much.

I don’t yet notice clothes fitting any differently, though I believe I felt a hip bone the other day. Could it be?

This morning I put on a new shirt. Nothing fancy, a “nice” sweatshirt really (with horizontal stripes-WTF was I thinking?). Spice came into the kitchen for her breakfast and said, “Oh Mama! You look SEXY!!”

I’ll take it. 

xoxo
Ice Princess

No comments:

Post a Comment